As the Vice President of Commercial Real Estate for Lloyd Companies, Raquel Blount provides a broad base of experience in commercial real estate sales and leasing, retail management and marketing, construction, and development. Since joining Lloyd Companies in 2003, Raquel has worked with a wide variety of both local and national retail clients, including Norwalk, the Furniture Idea, Linens-N-Things, Cost Plus World Market, GameStop, Ruby Tuesday’s, Starbucks, and Eyemart Express. In addition to her retail expertise, Raquel also specializes in leasing build-to-suit office space and has recently worked with MidContinent Communications, Ulteig Engineering, Esurance, and MetaPayment Systems in the construction and development of their state-of-the-art data centers and corporate headquarters.
Prior to joining Lloyd Companies, Raquel spent five years working for General Growth Properties (GGP), the nation’s second largest shopping center management and development company. Throughout her five year tenure with GGP, she was integrally involved in all aspects of leasing and development for a wide variety of retail businesses, ultimately negotiating national deals for 11 different shopping centers. In addition, she served as the company’s Marketing Director and as a Regional Vice President for Business Development, personally overseeing the specialty leasing of nine shopping centers on the West Coast; in 1999, her region alone generated over $5 million in new business.
With her extensive experience in site selection, lease negotiations, build-to-suit opportunities, retail and office leasing, construction, and development, Raquel is committed to your success and the success of your business.
- Member, REALTOR® Association of the Sioux Empire (RASE)
- Member, South Dakota Association of REALTORS® (SDAR)
- Member, National Association of REALTORS® (NAR)
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Member and Committee Chairperson, Sioux Falls Junior League
- Board Member for Southeast Technical Institute Foundation
- Member – Sioux Falls Tomorrow
- Member – DTSF Business Relation Committee
- Business Journal Advisory Committee